Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0018987
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
If you're a Perfusionist looking for an opportunity to work with an amazing team of up to 20 other adult and pediatric perfusionists in a practice that spans both academic and community hospital settings, then look no further. University of Minnesota Physicians is seeking a Perfusionist to join our growing practice in the Twin Cities. Not only do we have a great team, we have group of supportive and collegial surgeons that make our work even that more enjoyable!
What do you get to do?
- Case coverage for 9 surgeons (and growing) primarily at the M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Medical Center and also M Health Fairview Southdale Hospital
- Predominantly adult bypass cases (including on-pump Cabs, Valves, minimally invasive valves, heart and lung transplants, complex aortic reconstruction, adult congenital, and VADs) - over 800 annually
- TAVRs - we average 200+ annually
- ECMOs including initiations/transports from outside hospitals
- Liver Transplants with veno-veno bypass - average 80+ annually
- Standby procedures including HIPEC, AngioVacs, and more - average 150+ annually
- Train future Perfusionists by clinically precepting students from various programs including UNMC and Vanderbilt among several others
How do we make it happen?
- Our group's goal is to have call one day per week (Mon-Thurs) and one weekend per month; when you do more than that, you are compensated for that time.
- Our group needs to have a 30 minute call response time when outside of the hospitals
- ECMO transports are exciting, and voluntary
What are the requirements?
- Hard-working, positive attitude, and a desire to be a team-player.
- Ability to problem-solve and develop creative solutions to day-to-day challenges; willing to contribute to the growth and development of the team.
- Graduate of an Accredited Cardiovascular Perfusion Technology Program.
- Certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion or board eligible may also be considered.
- BLS certification.
What are the benefits?
- Structured and tiered competitive salary based on years of experience. Contact our recruiter to learn more!
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- CME reimbursement, concierge services and a well-being allowance
Additional information on our benefits can be found here.
Why would I want to move to Minnesota?
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.