Location: Akron, Ohio
Ohio based Akron Children's Hospital seeks a metabolic geneticist to join its growing team of physicians. Akron Children's Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children's hospitals by US News and World Report.
This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
- Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
- More than 800 providers, who manage 1.1 million patient visits annually
- A network of more than 60 primary and specialty care locations
- Over 7,000 employees, nurses and healthcare professionals
The Metabolic Geneticist will join a well-established team of four clinical geneticists, one is also board certified in medical biochemical genetics, seven genetic counselors, a nurse and a metabolic dietician, who work collaboratively to treat a wide range of both adult and pediatric patients, with inherited or otherwise genetically influenced health issues, in Akron Children's Hospital's Genetic Center. The Center's clinical services are supported in part by the Ohio Department of Health, as a Regional Comprehensive Genetics Center.
This position offers opportunities for:
- Partnership with an established team of geneticists and counselors affording exceptional work-life balance
- Full multidisciplinary team support to manage acute metabolic crises (including hemodialysis)
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) is available and commensurate with experience
- Research and innovation available through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute and partnerships with NEOMED and local universities
- Services in an onsite metabolic lab with state-of-the-art technology
- Participation in interpreting basic metabolic labs (ACP, PAA, plasma carnitine, and UOA)
- An attractive compensation and benefit package
Requirements include MD or DO degree, board certification/eligibility by the American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics in Clinical Biochemical Genetics, and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio.
Akron Children's Hospital is set in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley, just minutes south of Cleveland.From major league attractions to small-town appeal, the greater Akron area has something for everyone. The area is rich in history and cultural diversity, and provides a stimulating blend of outstanding educational, cultural and recreational resources. This four-season community will have outdoor enthusiasts thrilled with over 40,000 acres of Metro Parks for year-round enjoyment. Northeast Ohio has become a premier destination to work, live, play, shop and dine!
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: