Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Excellent BE/BC Per Diem OB/GYN Hospitalist opportunity available now in the Seattle area at The Polyclinic, Part of Optum!
- Experienced physician sought for per diem OB/GYN Hospitalist position
- Join established, highly functioning team providing coverage at one hospital
- 8 OB/GYN physicians: 1 Laborist, 1 full-time GYN only, and 6 full-spectrum OB/GYNs
- Located at Swedish Medical Center- First Hill Campus
- Level III NICU
- 1,000 deliveries per year - 95% at normal gestation
- 24/7 in-house MFM specialist support
- 24-hour hospitalist shifts, 8am-8am.
- Flexible shifts: the team can be flexible in scheduling shifts to accommodate vacation plans
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BE/BC in OB/Gyn
- Full, unrestricted WA medical license
- Ability to obtain hospital privileges
- Ability to take call as necessary
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Enjoy the Benefits of being part of The Polyclinic team:
- Successful, well-managed, Clinician-run multi-specialty group
- Highly competitive compensation and excellent benefits
- Enjoy the Pacific Northwest lifestyle! Boating, hiking, skiing, camping. . .
- Easy access to recreational and cultural activities
- Great community, good schools and excellent parks
- Location in Seattle and close to British Columbia
We would love to talk with you about our exciting Laborist position. Come join our team and begin doing your life’s best work!
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.