The Associate Medical Director (AMD) is a member of the clinical leadership team who provides leadership and direction to a defined group of clinics, estimated between 3-5 clinics, and associated assigned providers while working closely with the clinic practice administrators, operations director, and Senior Medical Director. The AMD is responsible for the planning, implementation and monitoring of process improvements, productivity and QBC metrics review, referral guideline and chronic disease programs, as well as monitoring of outcomes, KPIs and timelines for the department. The AMD continues to have clinical responsibilities in addition to their administrative role. (80/20 clinical/admin; Admin 0.2FTE, equivalent to one day per week).
- Meets or exceeds all qualifications and aspects of the MD/DO job description for “Physician” in Colorado
- Personal Excellence: Provides diagnosis, treatment and management of patients according to current standards of care utilizing best practices recommendation. Works collaboratively with the patient to provide a Patient Centered approach to care; adhering to the organization’s Value-Based Care mission. Utilizes evidence-based care processes for cost effective and efficient use of lab, radiology and extended service providers including specialists, hospitals, skilled nursing providers and other ancillary services
- Clinic Performance: Implements organization specific initiatives within each clinic including QBC, NPS, STARS, HEDIS, CAHPS/HOS, CDQI, QPS and ensures that the processes and procedures are in line with the approved business model. Ensures KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) are being met and continuously improved by participating in organizational initiatives. Outlines objectives for providers to ensure KPIs are defined and understood in order to be achieved. Accountable for customer satisfaction scores. Ensuring that clinic and individual provider patient satisfaction data is reviewed routinely and that action plans are in place for areas of opportunity
- Clinic Culture: Active engagement to ensure the development and promotion of the organization’s culture within team members. Partners with Operations leadership to ensure the success of the team within the clinics. Partners with senior leadership to forward and maintain high provider experience
- Compliance and Problem Solving: Ensures team members are in compliance with market policies and procedures and serves as the liaison between Human Capital for policy interpretation. Works with clinicians to ensure patient facing hours are met and templates are appropriate to allow for patient access. Ensures there is coordination and regular tracking of paid time off. Leads and ensures participation of providers in regular clinic site meetings. Manages provider and staff issues to include coaching and mentoring. Assists with clinic inter-personal conflict or provider behavioral concerns when required and when out of the scope of the practice manager
- Staffing: Supports adequate staffing levels within the clinics. Responsible for effective interviewing, selection, orientation, development, and retention of primary care providers and staff
- Evaluations: Performs annual common review evaluations and participates in driving developmental goals for providers
- Committee Participation: Participates in various committees (Medical Management and IT) as assigned and disseminates information timely to all team members
- Reporting: Reports regularly to Senior Medical Director. Performs all other duties as assigned
- Engages as an Optum Brand Ambassador where needed and regularly participates in member growth and retention activities
- M.D. or D.O., appropriate residency/fellowship training in his/her specialty.
- Must have completed an ACGME accredited residency/fellowship (depending on specialty)
- Must be board certified (ABMS or ABOS) in his/her specialty
- Must have previous leadership experience or have exhibited appropriate leadership potential.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bilingual Skills
- Basic understanding of financial statements, advanced financial skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.