Providence is calling a Security Officer (Security, varied shift, supplemental - 0.0 FTE) to Providence Medical Group in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Respond to emergency Codes per existing procedures including Code Grey, Red, Blue, Triage, 77, and Amber Alert. Provide prompt alarm response to panic buttons, off-site building burglar alarms and elevator alarms.
- Promptly report any fire or safety hazards with particular emphasis on imminent danger circumstances; ensures all emergency egress locations are free of obstructions; Complete assigned inspections of fire extinguishers and Code Blue (emergency call boxes).
- Maintain confidentiality of records or medical center information at all times; confidential information and conversations are secured from general public access. Maintain a working knowledge of HIPAA regulations and allowable disclosures to law enforcement agencies.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with people, including juveniles, by giving information and directions, mediating disputes, and advising of rights and processes. Additionally, must be able to endure verbal and mental abuse when confronted with the hostile views and opinions of suspects and other people encountered in an antagonistic environment.
- Per assigned roles, respond and perform during specific emergencies and tasks (i.e., fire, bomb threat, chemical, natural disaster, utility, etc.); Assist in the establishment of the Hospital Command Center and fulfills role as requested by the Incident Commander; Directs and oversees security during the decontamination process.
- Liaison with law enforcement, fire department, emergency medical services, public relations and other PHC stakeholders to ensure threats are identified and appropriately communicated.
- Maintain a successful skill level in the use of several items of security and protective equipment including Expandable Baton, OC/Pepper Spray, Two-Way Radios, Handcuffs, Cameras, Restraint Devices, etc.; Maintain and care for personally issued equipment and uniforms *.*
- Maintain visitor control after hours and denies access to all unauthorized persons.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License
- Basic Life Support (BLS) within 90 days of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree: Criminal Justice, Law and Justice or related field
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Security
Req ID: 151395