Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Palliative Care Services Manager and Chaplain \(1\.0 FTE, Day Shift\) to work in Palliative Care at the Swedish First Hill and Cherry Hill Hospitals in Seattle, WA\.
The Palliative Care Service Manager role is designed to assure efficiency and optimize the care of the patient/family by coordinating the care across disciplines to include Physician, Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Case Management Social Worker, and Spiritual Care, in addition to performing Chaplain duties\.
In this position you will responsible for:
- Performing Chaplain duties
- Planning and coordination of the inpatient palliative care program across five campuses additionally
- Overseeing all aspects of clinic operations including safety, quality, staff development and patient satisfaction for the palliative care group of providers across 5 campuses, often with large geographic distances between each, both ambulatory and inpatient programs
- Work closely with the Director of Operations and the Palliative Care Medical Director\(s\) to ensure that expectations of the patients and physicians are met
- Participates in long\-range planning strategies related to revenues, human resources, facilities, services and marketing positions
- Plan, develop and execute a variety of marketing analyses to determine clinic market position; interprets findings and makes recommendations
- Enhance operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment without jeopardizing important innovation or quality of care
- Participate in developing recommendations and implementing strategic planning as it relates to the clinic, the region, and the SMG network
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Care related field required \(nursing, social work, or other related health care field\)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in acute care
- Minimum 2 to 3 years in physician practice management and/or clinical operations in progressively more responsible leadership roles
- Minimum 2 to 3 years experience in Palliative Care
- Minimum 2 to 3 years supervisory and coordination/management experience
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers, physicians, medical providers and other business leaders and departments
- Ability to develop and present educational programs for various teams, understanding adult learning principles
- Experience in financial business management and strategic development
- Demonstrated PC skills, i\.e\. proficient with MS Office products including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
Licensures/ Certifications for this position include:
- Certified in Palliative Care
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in Health Care related field or education or business strongly preferred
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Spiritual/Mission/Pastoral Care
Req ID: 149861