Providence is calling a Health Information Specialist to Providence Medical Group in Lacey, WA.
This is a Full Time (Monday - Friday; Day shift) and benefits eligible position.
We are seeking a Health Information Specialist to assure that medical records are accurate and completed in a timely manner to support patient care, business and financial objectives.
In this position you will:
- File and scan records, manage the release of information, HIPAA, protected health information (PHI), retention guidelines, and documentation requirements.
- Ensure accurate printing of records for all requests and creates billing form to process for payment.
- Ensure appropriate documentation accompanies the chart for each patient appointment.
- Assembles all documents in appropriate order as outlined in chart prep policy and chart in correct order.
- Retrieves records from the scanning shelf and performs scanning process according to procedure and within established time frame.
- Identifies needs of co-workers and helps out to ensure scanning etc. does not fall behind as a department.
- Maintain confidentiality of records, patients, employee or medical center information at all times. Ensure all information and conversations regarding patients are secure from general public access.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- One year experience of working in a medical setting.
- Detail oriented, organized, with excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and ability to work effectively with people
- Computer knowledge and proficiency.
- Knowledge of how to operate office equipment such as facsimile, copier, multi-line phone system.
- Proficiency in English, spelling and arithmetic; customer services skills.
- Ability to physically perform the essential functions of the position.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two years of community college/business school training.
- Additional course work in business or health care related subjects.
- Minimum two years previous medical office experience in a busy physician group practice.
- Completion of ICD-9-CM, CPT coding, and/or Medical Terminology courses.
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of more than 125 primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve a five-county region in scenic southwest Washington. Our clinics are located in Aberdeen, Centralia, Lacey, Olympia and Rochester. With an emphasis on the medical home model, our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Support Services
Req ID: 153615