Providence is calling a Chaplain to Providence Centralia Hospital, in Centralia, WA.
We are seeking an ordained or lay minister of spiritual integrity to provide spiritual and emotional compassionate support and peaceful presence to patients, their family members and staff.
In this position you will:
- Articulate, interpret and assess the meaning of spiritual care in the context of health and illness, and advocate for its effective inclusion in the health care we provide by caring for the whole person, mind, body and spirit.
- Communicate with patients, families and members of the health care team in an effort to enhance dignity, autonomy and self-respect as well as a sense of hope and spiritual well being.
- Collaborate with other disciplines, units and programs as an active and integral member of the care team.
- Network and collaborate with appropriate community groups, such as faith communities, parishes and other health agencies, in order to assure the continuity of spiritual care throughout the health-illness cycle.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of four Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) units
- Current Chaplain certification or eligible issued by National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC) or Association of Professional Chaplains (APC)
- Experience in counseling/advising within health care and in pastoral service
- Bachelor's Degree in Pastoral Studies or equivalent
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in Pastoral Studies or equivalent
- 3-5 years spiritual/pastoral care experience in healthcare environment
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington is a 127-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing emergency, diagnostic, cancer, birthing and surgical services. It consistently receives high scores on accreditation surveys by the Joint Commission, the Washington Department of Health and the Washington Department of Social and Health Services.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Spiritual/Mission/Pastoral Care
Req ID: 148887