Providence is calling a Chaplain (0.6 FTE, Days) to Providence Cedar Hills Medical Plaza in Portland, OR.
In this position you will:
- Act under the direction of the Director of Pastoral Care and in conjunction with the Hospice Program Manager.
- Provides Pastoral Care to Hospice patients, families and hospice staff.
- Perform all duties in a manner that demonstrates our Core values: Respect, Compassion, Justice, Excellence and Stewardship.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Masters Degree in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, or related field
- Successful completion of 4 units (minimum) of Clinical Pastoral Education with certification by either the National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC), Association of Professional Chaplains (APC), National Association of Jewish Chaplains (NAJC), or Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC), or obtainable within 2 years of hire
- Employees hired as part of the 2010 Hospice of the Gorge and 2011 Willamette Falls affiliations with Providence are not required to obtain certification
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Provider -or- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 30 days of hire
- Current driver's license
- Driving record consistent with GOP Safe Driving Policy 330 Incident Point Matrix at time of hire
- Endorsement from sponsoring religious community
- In compliance with the Providence Health & Services-Oregon Human Resources policy #302 "Background Checks", a criminal background check is required for this position, based on assigned duties
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Pastoral Care chaplaincy experience in hospice in-field visits strong preferred.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Spiritual/Mission/Pastoral Care
Req ID: 150840