Providence is calling a Full Time, Night shift Medical Technologist to Providence Saint John's Health Center Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- Performs accurate analysis of laboratory specimens, demonstrating a high degree of proficiency and understanding in laboratory procedures in one or more sections of the Pathology Department or demonstrates competency in three or more sections, to facilitate quality patient care and diagnosis. Participates in solution of technical problems requiring a great degree of independent judgment and assists in development of testing in the assigned section(s). Participates in training and teaching responsibilities of the department.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- BA degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Physics, or Biology with specific required courses plus one (1) year ASCP approved Medical Technology training program.
- Current California State Clinical Laboratory Scientist License or eligible
Preferred qualifications for this position inc
- Prefer experience in Hematology (preform manual differential), Chemistry, and Bloodbank
- Two (2) years clinical laboratory experience after completing training
- One year hospital laboratory experience
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines.
The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Lab (Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist)
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 148930