Providence is calling a per diem, variable shift Specimen Processor II to Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA.
In this position you will:
- Responsible for supervising, performing, and trouble shooting a variety of processing functions to include, but not limited to removal of specimens and requisitions from their bags, inventory of specimens, racking of specimens, order entry, using Laboratory and Hospital information systems, labeling primary specimens and aliquots, specimen delivery to departments.
- Responsible for follow up on identified QA issues and specimen problems. Responsible for the timely delivery of specimens to the technical departments by triaging personnel and specimens.
- Assist in problem solving strategies and supports the efforts of the Client Service Department
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Familiar with medical terminology
- Must have a working knowledge of tube types and specimen requirements
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School or equivalent
- California Phlebotomy Certificate
- At least one year specimen processing experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA, is a 414 bed acute care facility, known for its state-of-the-art technology and high quality, compassionate care, has provided the full range of diagnostic, treatment, care and support services for the San Fernando Valley communities for close to 70 years.
Many of our specialized services are provided within our Heart and Vascular Institute, one of Los Angeles County's first STEMI designated receiving centers of heart attack victims; our Hycy and Howard Hill Neuroscience Institute, awarded the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for a Primary Stroke Center, and the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association (2010); our Women's Pavilion, and our newly opened the Roy and Patricia Disney Family Cancer Center, a comprehensive, state-of-the-art, patient-centered, treatment facility. Our cancer center includes some of the most advanced technology in radiation oncology, highly advanced medical and surgical oncology, excellent clinical outcomes and research, and all patient support services are housed in the same building.
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center has an exceptional orthopedic program recognized for its excellent outcomes and clinical expertise. And Providence Saint Joseph's Bariatric Program, a leader and resource for those dealing with obesity in Southern California, received a Five-Star Rating for Bariatric Surgery, and Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence designation from HealthGrades.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Lab (Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist)
Req ID: 143986