Providence is calling a Phlebotomist II to the Laboratory at the Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Phlebotomist II will provide efficient, accurate, and courteous service for PAMC patients or residents of Nursing Home Clients. Provide accurate and timely collection and receiving of specimens for all patients in accordance with medical center and laboratory policies and procedures, and Federal/State regulations. Perform bedside tests (bleeding times) as requested.
In this position you will:
- Perform bedside testing according to medical center, laboratory and national standards.
- Collect and label capillary or venipuncture specimens according to established procedure.
- Explain collection procedure clearly to patient and properly identify patient prior to collection.
- Handle requests for special services, i.e. Codes, STAT and Timed draws, prudently and efficiently. Receives specimens and transports to correct testing area or processing.
- Obtain complete documentation for the registration process including signatures and related billing information.
- Perform quality control, quality improvement, specimen tracking, and maintenance procedures as required for shift responsibilities.
- Comply with all Laboratory and PHSA safety policies and procedures.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Phlebotomy certification from NCA, ASCP, NCCT or other comparable certification.
- Valid driver's license may be required.
- Good telephone skills.
- Ability to relate to the public in a caring, tactful, and courteous manner at all times.
- Availability to work various shifts and days.
- Computer skills.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Lab (Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist)
Req ID: 151409