Providence is calling an Health Info Specialist (Medical Records, Days, Full time - 1.0 FTE) to Providence Medical Group in Spokane Valley, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Draft and type letters, emails, memos, directives, reports and meeting minutes.
- Preparing/maintaining medical records and responding to correspondence.
- Photocopy or scan patient records.
- Research location of charts.
- Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Demonstrate flexibility to accommodate changes in workload assignments and react calmly and effectively in stressful situations.
- Ability to multitask, set priorities and maintain an organized work environment with the added ability to work independently and set priorities under minimal supervision
- Maintain a safe physical and emotional environment for staff and visitors, considering individual needs.
- Adhere to established company compliance, policies, procedures and protocols.
- Utilize general phone skills with a background in customer service.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of medical record laws, HIPPA and MS Office (Word and Excel)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Knowledge of an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in medical office
- RHIT/RHIA certified
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Location: Washington-Spokane Valley
Req ID: 151773