Providence is calling a Hospice Chaplain (0.0 FTE, Days) to Providence Benedictine Nursing Center in Mount Angel, OR. The nationally recognized Providence Benedictine Nursing Center is a not-for-profit organization. We care for residents and patients in a spirit of respect, compassion and sensitivity. We take a person-centered approach to care and work to enhance each individual's physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual well-being. Since 1955, the staff at Providence Benedictine Nursing Center have devoted themselves to providing quality services in a loving, supportive environment. Founded by the Benedictine Sisters, the nursing center has become a health care leader by developing innovative, nationally recognized care programs.
In this position you will:
- Provide pastoral care to hospice patients, families, and staff as needed to support the end of life journey and staff associated professional support.
- Perform all duties in a manner that demonstrates our Core values: Respect, Compassion, Justice, Excellence, and Stewardship.
Mt. Angel Mt Angel
Required Qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in theology, pastoral ministry, or a related field
- Successful completion of 4 units (minimum) of Clinical Pastoral Education with certification by 1 of the following:
- National Association of Catholic Chaplains (N.A.C.C.)
- Association of Professional Chaplains (A.P.C)
- National Association of Jewish Chaplains (N.A.J.C.)
- Canadian Association of Spiritual Care (C.A.S.C.)
- Certification eligible clinical chaplain candidates will be expected to complete their board certification within 2 years of hire date
- Must have endorsement from sponsoring faith community as part of endorsement
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) -or- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 30 days of hire
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Driving record consistent with GOP Safe Driving Policy 330 Incident Point Matrix at time of hire
- In compliance with the Providence Health & Services - Oregon, criminal background check is required for this position, based on assigned duties
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Pastoral Care chaplaincy in a healthcare setting with bereavement and/or hospice experience
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Spiritual/Mission/Pastoral Care
Location: Oregon-Mount Angel
Req ID: 121676